Miss Chilton and Miss Kemp, Edinburgh
Memorial to Rev Dr Charles S Christie
23rd November 1937
The Board had been considering for some time the matter of an appropriate memorial within the Church to commemorate the congregation’s first minister and decided to provide, on the west side, one matching the window commemorating Dr McKenzie.
In this north window on the west aisle the dominant figure in the centre light is St Ninian while in the left light the building of the first stone church in Britain is illustrated; in the right light the scene depicted has reference to St Ninian’s “Candida Casa” in Galloway. Here the Saint is seen with hand upraised in benediction to two Christians who kneel at his feet.
The Rev. James L. Thomson, of Peterculter, the interim moderator, officiated at the dedication service on the 23rd November 1937